Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Review: Z-Palettes

Its a pain to haul around a heavy train case, let alone digging for a tube of lipstick or eye shadow while applying makeup. Since I am in the process of restocking my train case, I have been finding ways to organize and lighten up my supplies so I don't break my temporary train case.

Thanks to Camera Ready Cosmetics, I found Zpalettes. Zpalettes are affordable makeup palettes that can hold any type of potted cosmetic, or you can buy empty rounds to pot your own. If you want to use it for your favorite cosmetics (MAC, Nars and Urban Decay to name a few), there are various tutorials on how to depot your favorite makeup item and stick it in a Zpalette. The inside bottom of the palette is magnetic so if your depotted item isn't magnetic, don't worry each palette comes with metal stickers to stick on the bottom of the item so it adheres to the palette.

Clockwise: Empty Zpalette rounds (small) , Revlon lip butter in Fig Jam (size comparison) and a small Zpalette




















To test it out, I decided to use Revlon lip butters. There are various methods to pot lip products but I chose to pack it in with clean disposable spatulas. I know melting them would look nicer but after reading reviews of lip products changing in color and texture while using that method, I did not want to risk doing that to my lip butters.

Depotted Revlon Lip Butters in Red Velvet, Fig Jam, Pink Truffle, Berry Smoothie, Creme Brulee, Peach Parfait & Wild Watermelon.
Due to the lip butter's texture, these were easy to pack in the metal rounds. At first glance I was a little disappointed with the size of the empty rounds and found it annoying that there were only 10 rounds in a package. After packing in my lip butters, they actually do hold about half of the stick. I really like how there's a clear window so I can see the contents of the palette. 

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Zpalettes, especially since this will reduce the amount of digging I'll have to do for lip products during gigs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment