Monday, November 4, 2013

Holiday Collections

Thank goodness my birthday is coming up this month because of all the holiday palettes and collections that will be releasing soon! Here are some that I have my eyes on, whether its for me or for the ladies in my family:

Lorac Pro Palette
I've been looking for a palette to complement my Urban Decay Naked 1 palette and I have high hopes Lorac's Pro Palette will fit the bill. I have read reviews that Lorac eye shadows are long lasting and have little fallout. I love the fact that this palette comes with 8 matte shadows and 8 shimmer shadows. I actually do prefer mattes over overly shimmery/glittery shadows.

Stroke of Midnight: Viva Glamorous Bag
The original Viva Glam diva, RuPaul, is back to promote one of MAC's holiday sets. The Stroke of Midnight: Viva Glamorous Bag will feature the Viva Glam I lipstick (Burgundy red) as well as a matching lipglass. It has been awhile since I purchased this shade but I do miss wearing the beautiful red shade.

Tarte Off The Cuff Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush Palette
I have never tried Tarte Cosmetics but I have been hearing their Amazonian Clay blushes are long lasting and highly pigmented. I may consider adding this to my makeup train case for future gigs.

NARS Guy Bourdin Blush palette

NARS blushes have always been my favorite to use since I have found their blushes flattering with my skin tone. I recently purchased this palette since I lost my NARS All About Cheeks palette not too long ago. In the Guy Bourdin palette, this one contains my favorite NARS colors (Orgasm, Deep Throat and Laguna). I will be posting up a review shortly since I have yet to wear the other 3 colors (Mistinguette, Goulue and Devotee). My last palette lasted me awhile, which was the same size as the Guy Bourdin palette so I know I'll be getting my money's worth.  Personally I think this is great to have in your train case or even as a gift during the upcoming holidays.


Edward's Best by Edward Bess
I personally have never heard of this cosmetic line. This palette by Edward Bess features the line's best selling lipstick shades, which looks like a great basic lip kit to haul around. I hope these will be in store at Sephora soon so I can sample it.

That's what's currently on my radar at the moment and I hope I'll find the time to test them out. What holiday collections are you eyeing at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sammie,

    I agree, NARS is my favorite brand when it comes to blush! I also use orgasm and deep throat but lately I've been wearing a lot of dark plum lipsticks and sometimes I feel like my cheeks look too rosy. What color blush do you suggest is best for dark lip shades? I'm also as pale as you FYI :)

    -YUPNYC
    http://www.yupnyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get what you mean! I personally like to keep it simple when sporting a bold lip, especially with plum lipstick. For an everyday look, I simply accent my face with bronzer. NARS's Laguna or Bare Minerals's Faux Tan are my go-to bronzers. If you really want a blush that will go well instead of a bronzer, try NARS's blush Madly. It's a warm pink bronze shade that adds color to your cheeks but balances bold lip colors.

    ReplyDelete