Monday, April 28, 2014

Big Island, HI

I visited Hawaii Island (aka the Big Island) three weeks ago for the first time with my boyfriend. I didn't expect much since the main focus of the trip was to see my good friend, Eric, in Hilo and visit Volcanoes National Park. During our four day visit, I fell in love with the island from hanging out with locals at Uncle Robert's Farmers Market to the breath taking views of Kilauea. We were unable to see any lava during our visit at Volcanoes since the park ranger informed us the lava was too deep in the forest for anyone to hike and view it. However, we had the chance to see a crater glow from the Jaggar Museum while the sun was setting, which was an amazing site to see.

At the end of our trip, we actually regretted adding Oahu as a side trip since we could have comfortably spend an entire week on this island. For details on the places we visited on the Big Island, feel free to read my Big Island reviews on my Yelp page.

Enjoy the pics!






































No comments:

Post a Comment